Recumbent bikes are very popular exercise machines and these can help you achieve awesome workout while you are cycling in comfortable position. These exercise bikes mainly used in fitness clubs and gyms but can be in your home as well. We have put lot of effort to sort out and review best rated recumbent bicycles from top brands to help you choose the best recumbent exercise bike for your home, gym or fitness club.
10 Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes of 2020 – Reviews
Product knowledge is a key component that consumers use when choosing one product over another in the same category. The most appealing and top quality equipment is what people often choose when purchasing home fitness items. Our recumbent bike reviews are a great way to choose a bike that provides optimum fitness benefits in a safe and effective manner.
|Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Marcy ME 709 Recumbent Exercise Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Nautilus R616 Recumbent Exercise Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Exercise Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Nautilus R614 Recumbent Exercise Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Stamina 4825 Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Stamina InTone Folding Recumbent Exercise Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
|Phoenix 99608 Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike||READ REVIEW||5*****|
What is the best recumbent bike to buy for the money?
There are more than 75 top brands currently offering recumbent bikes with variety of features and functions. Each brand offer different price of their models according to the built, design and functionality. So, there are many things need to consider before buying a good recumbent exercise bike. We have list down these by price range to help you choose the right bike for you within your budget.
Price Range $200 – $300
Budget is a very important factor to consider while you are planning to buy a good and quality recumbent exercise bike. We have choose 3 exercise bikes under $300 that will definitely meet your budget.
Price Range $300 – $1000
If you have a bit higher budget in mind then it worth to consider following 6 recumbent bikes.
High Budget $1000 – $2500
If you have a larger budget in mind then have a look into these two recumbent bikes.
Folding Recumbent Bikes
Foldable recumbent exercise bike is a good option when you have very tight or little space and you would like to exercise in a small room or your apartment. These bikes are easy to store and take up little space.
What is the best commercial recumbent exercise bike for studio-gyms, hotels and fitness clubs?
There are many light commercial recumbent bikes available from top rated brands with high-end built, design and functionality. These high-end bikes can be used at your home-gym, commercial studio and fitness clubs. Find below the list of these bikes from top rated manufacturers.
- Precor RBK 835 Commercial Recumbent Bike – Professional exercise bike for hotels, gym, universities and studios. It has step through design for the easy entry and exit. Comfort comes first that’s why Precor RBK 835 provides ventilated seat with patented air flex. Awesome P31 console easy to use motion controls through LED display. Great for cardio workout low-impact and non-weight. Couple of color options to choose that includes silver and black.
- NordicTrack Commercial Studio Recumbent Exercise Bike – Awesome choice for commercial purposes having 24 digital resistance levels for your workout control, track your power output through watts readouts. For cross-training dumbbells are provided. -10 to 20% live incline matching technology, user weight capacity of 350 pounds, 10 years of frame warranty and Interactive HD touchscreen display of 22 inches.
Find out the 8 benefits of recumbent exercise bike you should know that make your workout longer
Here are the apparent benefits of using these bikes. It can increase your stamina, burn fat, tone muscle on top of help of cardiovascular system by lowering blood pressure and increasing circulation.
- Because of the wider seat, recumbent exercise bikes are better for overweight riders. Since you don’t have to squeeze yourself onto a tiny seat, you don’t have to worry about having gluteal cramps or pain while you work out. And, you don’t have to deal with being “saddle sore” once you’re done. After all, those narrow seats on traditional exercise bikes will make your backside and inner thighs very sore. With a recumbent bike, you get to skip all of that!
- That wider seat isn’t just better for your backside, though. Because seats have a back to them, they offer valuable lower back support. It’s a bucket seat, it automatically gives you good posture. Those are two very valuable assets for people who have back problems! In fact, people who find it too painful to do any other exercises have tremendous success with recumbent exercise bikes!
- But it’s not just the seat that helps out your back. These type of bikes put your body into such a level position, you don’t have to worry about hunching over. With traditional, upright bikes, many riders tend to hunch over the handlebars – especially as they start to get winded. Unfortunately, though, that puts a lot of stress and strain on your back muscles. If you don’t have back problems already, you will with enough hunching!
- A recumbent bike offers a low-impact workout. Since your feet are on the same level as the rest of your body, it takes a lot of pressure off of them. Other exercise machines can’t say that. Running on a treadmill, for example, is tough on your knees, ankles, and feet. A Stairmaster offers a great workout, but it’s also murder on your knees. Even a traditional, upright exercise bike can be a killer for your knees and back.
- Because it uses such fluid movements, a recumbent exercise bike is easy on your joints. Unlike other machines and free weights, you don’t have to worry about herky-jerky movements that put too much strain on your joints.
- A recumbent exercise bike offers balance. In fact, since your feet are level with the rest of your body, you can even incorporate an upper-body workout if you want to. With this bike, you can easily use some free weights, without worrying about falling off! If you really want to get a full-body workout, you can look for a dual action recumbent exercise bike that has handles that work out your arms and shoulders while you pedal. Dual action recumbent bikes can be a little tougher to find, but they are out there!
- A recumbent bike comes with different programs and resistance levels, so exercise beginners don’t have to worry about “taking on too much, too fast”. With one of these bikes, you can start off slowly, and gradually work your way up to tougher programs and stronger resistance levels. That way, beginners don’t feel overwhelmed and advanced riders can still get a challenging workout!
- Recumbent exercise bikes offer you the chance to put “mind over matter”. These bikes put you in a position that makes it easy to watch TV or read a book while you’re working out. That way, you’re likely to work out longer because you’re distracted. And, some recumbent bikes even offer screens with videos taken on actual bike rides. If you want to let your mind wander during your workout, you can use the video to imagine that you’re traveling through a wooded trail, instead of just sitting on a stationary bike in your living room or at the gym.
Aside from keeping pain away, there’s another big reason to be as comfortable as you can be during your workout. The more comfortable you are while you’re exercising, the more likely you will be to keep it up! After all, if your daily trip to the gym leaves you feeling sore, you’re not going to do it for very long. Let’s face it – no one is going to look forward to a workout that leaves them sore for days on end. With a recumbent exercise bike, you don’t have to worry about it!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a recumbent bike?
- What does a recumbent exercise bike do?
- Why use a recumbent exercise bike?
- Is a recumbent exercise bike good for weight loss?
- Is recumbent exercise bike good for back pain?
- Which muscle groups get the best workout on a recumbent exercise bike?
- Why recumbent bike is the best choice for me?
- How to choose a good recumbent exercise bike?